Google Ads Average Position Removed!Building on their announcement in February, Google have now started to remove the average position metric from Google Ads. To replace this they now recommend using Search absolute top impression rate and Search top impression rate which reflect the actual placement of your ad on the page, rather than the position of your ad compared to your competitors.
Google say as a result, the following will now be disabled:
- Rules using average position
- Custom columns using average position
- Saved reports that filter on average position
- Saved filters with average position
If you use average position in your Google Ad scripts, they now recommend you review them to ensure they’ll continue to work as intended.
The average position metric will also be removed from:
- Saved column sets
- Saved reports that use the average position column, but don’t filter on it
- Scorecards that use average position in dashboards
If you have any questions regarding your PPC Campaign contact us today!